Gratuitous Picture of Yourself About to Get Clocked in the Face With a Christmas Tree on New Year’s Eve Wednesday
But by the middle of the 00s, there were rumblings. Groups in the area were beginning to push back against the received wisdom of DC’s art punk past just as much as the bands in Davidson’s book had. And in quaint little Fredericksburg, VA, a couple of kids came together to do push-ups over broken beer bottles.
So good news! Choire lifted the embargo and now you too can read about The Problem of Conveying Punk Rock in Washington, DC on that most venerable of panda-blogs, The Awl. Thrill to the sounds lewd and crude from The Cheniers (they of your new favorite single of 2010), NRCOF, Josh Johnson, Two Tears, and the Spinns; on the occasion of the apparent demise of Fredericksburg, VA’s favorite sons and daughter, the Points. Above is some people at FCDC for New Year’s 2009, wherein my long coat was twirling along with me like Batman’s cape.
FINALLY, this piece.
- unbornwhiskey likes this
- stryker likes this
- liana likes this
- disorganization reblogged this from johnnymetro and added:
- rendit likes this
- johnnymetro reblogged this from rendit and added:
- pitchforkreviewsreviews likes this
- oldtobegin likes this
- youngmanhattanite said: I’m on the Maryland side. Fuck Virginia.
- girlwithaspirin said: Well, then. Big big fan of the D-Plan. So I’ll be checking out Imperial China right quick.
- tylercoates likes this
- rendit reblogged this from hardcorefornerds and added:
- johnnymetro likes this
- hardcorefornerds reblogged this from thenotes and added:
- artyucko said: jesus. I step out to meet my man on Alvarado for like 5 minutes…
- lemoniceforever likes this
- youngmanhattanite reblogged this from rendit and added:
- mykol78 likes this
- rustbelts likes this
- popularfavorites said: the girl in Two Tears was in Red Aunts too and is actually in WNL just to let you know….bringin it all back home.
- agrammar likes this
- thenotes reblogged this from rendit and added:
- rendit posted this